Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Doer of ART

Gosh it took me so long to figure out how to do this silly meme tagged me with. I was starting to think I was stupid for not understanding how it should be done... I'm not even sure if I did it right.

Anyhoo, I did a few magazine covers of myself before but I didn't want to post those since it was the theme Rachey and her friend used. So I'll go for...


"Geisha", (gei) meaning "art" and (sha) meaning "person" or "doer".


Geisha are not prostitutes but lovers and doers of art.
The word Geisha means "artist" in Japanese.
Geisha are professional hostesses who entertain guests through various performing arts in tea houses called O-chaya. They are trained in a number of traditional skills such as Japanese ancient dance, singing, playing instruments such as the Shamisen, flower arrangement, wearing kimo no, tea ceremony, calligraphy, conversation, alcohol serving manners and more. Geisha continue to study and perfect these skills throughout their careers as geisha. A successful geisha must demonstrate beauty, grace, artistic talent, charm, impeccable etiquette, and refinement.


I admire their devotion to their career. Their patience in undergoing months (maybe even years) of maiko training is commendable. They understand their art and are adept at it.


I chose to show me as a geisha because in my field (arts), one has to have the same amount of patience and devotion.



Here's the instruction to this tag/meme:
1st step - Post a short blog article that includes a photograph (or a series of photos) showing the face behind your blog. If you already showed a photo somewhere on your site (such as in your about page), then make your post more interesting and choose a photo that’s not currently online.
2nd step - Include links to other people that have displayed a photo, or include their photos in your post, adding a reference.
3rd step - Tag as many others as you like in your post to spread the meme.
4th step - If you link back to me here and send an email I’ll be sure to include links back to you. Each person tagged should create their own post and repeat the process.I'm tagging Fran, Elaine, Sin, Jhungks, Duo, Eric, Shiela, Rayanne, Aileen, Ivan, Kelly, Francyn, Les, Tei, Mija, Jeyp and Kitty.

2 comments:

Rache said...

ohmigosh! galing! :) you're so gifted talaga tabs :) i couldnt understand the meme also haha.

Absiegirl said...

tama ba yung ginawa k0? hahahaha baka mali eh hehehe!