Thursday, July 26, 2007

Erase and Rewind

I set my alarm to go off 30 minutes earlier than my usual waking time because I wanted to start going to work early (I'm usually 15-30 minutes late).

I woke up on time, headed for the bathroom to do all my morning rituals (including bathing, of course), spent a good 20 minutes blow-drying my hair and fixing my brows, got my lunch from the kitchen and left early, thinking the day ahead will be absolutely perfect and that I will be able to accomplish more today than I did the past 4 days.


But boy was I wrong to think starting the day right would mean starting early. I was greeted by a monstrous traffic jam this morning! How could I not get butt cramps from sitting in the bus for more than an hour (half of which was spent at Cubao)?! I was feeling giddy because I was bored and hungry so I texted some people while waiting for the long queue of vehicles all bound for Ortigas to move inch by inch. The passengers were getting angry at the driver (who really did nothing wrong. How is he to stop the cars from causing a traffic jam?) And why, of all days, did MMDA choose a Friday to do their sidewalk painting? Because the roads were dry today and they had to make use of the sunny weather? C'mon! Their asses were occupying half the roads! Argh! Good thing Text twist and Diner Dash kept me company for the duration of the trip.

We arrived at Ortigas a little over 8:50 and I fought to keep calm because if I'd give in and get pissed, I'd ruin the whole day, probably even the weekend.


I arrive 30 minutes late, left my ID in my other bag so I couldn't swipe in, and my Planner project needs to be overhauled.


So much for wanting to have a perfect day.

1 comment:

Rache said...

oh monster traffic!! i've learned to live with it. hahaha.

tabs, i TAGGED you at my blog. come and visit! :) www.scrappilyhappy.blogspot.com