Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Baby Steps

I'm finally paying off my cute little credit card debts little by little...one baby step at a time...

But of course I'm almost always left with nothing for on-the-side spending. Everything fits into an overly-cramped budget and there are no rooms for budget-breakers. It has to be this way if I want to be able to save up starting 2 months from now for something big happening in 2 years.

No daily/weekly Starbucks...I mean not even ONCE this month.
No daily isaw food trips
No rootbeer floats or popcorns on weekends
No icecream bingeing
No timezone neoprints
No daily cab rides meaning I can't afford to wake up 30 minutes after my alarm goes off
No birthday gifts for friends (sorry card nalang muna ha?)
No long cellphone calls or conversational overseas texting
No late-night gimmicks

Basically the life of a highschool student.
But I'll get through this for sure. I just HAVE to stick to my budget.
So help me God.

And I hope this works because it's the last thing I'm allowing myself to buy this month.

How broke can one get?


5 comments:

fran said...

oh, i should also do this. hehehehe. :)

Absiegirl said...

Do what?

AHP said...

Good job saving up. Keeping track of expenses like you did is the first step. But it is important to save for your future or something in particular. The more you save earlier, the more it grows.

Atul

fran said...

stick on a BUDGET. hehehe. save money. akk. hirap

Absiegirl said...

Atul, thanks. I know I've got to get rid of the credit card debt first. The problem is, when I see that I have room for a little spending, I max it out again. It's a girl thing. It's a good thing my hubby confiscated my cards. :) I admit I've got little to no self control over those things. :)